FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – December 20, 2017
RE: Lottery Cancellation & Refund Details
Contact: William Short, Lottery Coordinator
709-700-1621 // firstname.lastname@example.org
(St. John’s, NL) The Dream Fund’s Decade at Sea Cruise Lottery (17-10278600LT) has been cancelled, effective immediately, and all Primary Ticket Holders will be refunded in full.
Due to several major setbacks and an unexpectedly low demand for tickets, The Dream Fund is unable to continue the Decade at Sea Cruise Lottery at this time and meet the financial obligations of the Early Bird and Grand Prizes.
William Short, Lottery Coordinator for the Decade at Sea Cruise Lottery, said that this was a very difficult decision: “As part of our 10th Anniversary Celebrations we wanted to do something big that would ensure the future of the organization for many years to come. We’ve put a tremendous amount of work into the Cruise Lottery and it was not an easy decision to cancel.”
While the public response to the Cruise Lottery was overwhelmingly positive, that response clearly did not translate into ticket sales, with sales much lower than targets. Service NL has advised The Dream Fund to refund all Primary Ticket Holders.
Here are the official refund details for the Decade at Sea Cruise Lottery:
- All Primary Ticket Holders will be refunded in full.
- “Primary Ticket Holder” is defined as the person whose name appears on the Official Ticket.
- In the event that you ordered a ticket as a gift or for someone else and placed their name on the Official Ticket, the refund must be delivered to that person.
- All orders by Credit Card will be refunded directly to the credit card used.
- All orders by Cash will be refunded by cheque delivered via Canada Post. Primary Ticket Holders will have until January 8, 2018 to cash their refund cheque. The Dream Fund cannot guarantee refunds past that date.
- Any tickets won through online promotions or OZFM will be refunded at the face-value of the ticket.
- Please allow some time for refunds to be delivered. The holiday season may cause some delays in this process.
- Any concerns or displeasure with this decision will be forwarded to Service NL.
- All ticket numbers have been voided and no prize draws related to the Decade at Sea Cruise Lottery will occur.
- If you would like to return your refund as a charitable donation to The Dream Fund, please visit www.thedreamfund.ca to donate online, or mail a cheque to “The Dream Fund” using the address above.
The Dream Fund would like to thank their presenting sponsors NTV, OZFM, The Newfoundland Herald, and The Telegram, as well as their marketing team at JAC, volunteers and everyone who ordered a ticket or even shared a Facebook post for their support in this project.
The Dream Fund is a registered Canadian charity that makes dreams come true for critically ill children across Newfoundland & Labrador. Founded by William Short at the age of 14 with a goal of giving sick children something to make their everyday life better, we have made the dreams of more than 30 children come true.